Nothing happens until your ideal customer knows you exist. But it’s not enough just to be “found” — it’s about being found by the right people, in the right place, at the right time, with the right message. In essence, the “selling” happens before you even talk to them, and in today’s world that all happens online. Gone are the days when word of mouth was all it took to grow a successful green industry business. As competition from uninsured, unlicensed, and inexperienced individuals and companies grows, it’s critical to stand out in a crowded online marketplace if you want to attract customers who value what you do.
This session will show you the five keys to an online presence that gets real results. You can do these things yourself to bring in more leads, get more customers, and increase your revenue while avoiding the biggest (and very common) online mistakes.
This session will present the online strategies, tools, and tactics that work in 2021; and caution you about the ones to avoid! We’ll cover:
- How local SEO really works and affects your website’s visibility and ranking (what you don’t know willhurt you).
- How to make quick and simple website changes to bring in more visitors and increase the number of people who call, contact, or visit your business.
- How to set up, optimize, and use Google My Business the right way (it’s no longer optional in 2021).
- How to get the right online reviews and recommendations to improve search results.
- How to use the simple yet often overlooked marketing method that still generates the highest ROI (no, it’s not Google Ads).
Monica Hemingway is a licensed arborist, digital strategist and industrial psychologist (Ph.D.) – an unusual combination that gives her unique insight into building a tree care business. She specializes in helping tree care business owners develop successful companies by building a strong online presence.
Monica has worked in the digital world since 1999 and consulted with some of the world’s largest companies, such as Walmart and Google. As the former owner of Hemingway Horticulture, she developed a successful landscape design/install business in a highly competitive market by applying key digital strategies and tactics within the green industry. And her gardening website, GardeningProductsReview.com, has generated over $1.5 million in sales by using SEO best practices to drive organic traffic that converts into paying customers.
She has been a professional speaker since 1997, with audience sizes ranging from small workshops to 3,000+ and presentations covering such topics as digital strategy, tools and tactics, leadership, recruiting and hiring, and gardening tools and techniques.